16th ANNUAL BUDWEISER OVAL NATIONALS THIS WEEKEND!
(Perris, CA, November 1, 2011) Facts and figures on the this week's 16th Annual Budweiser Oval Nationals.
· WHERE: "Southern California's Home to Major League Sprint Car Racing," Perris Auto Speedway on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds (18700 Lake Perris Drive, Perris, CA 92571)
· TRACK: 1/2 mile clay oval.
· WHO: The Amsoil USAC National and CRA Sprint Cars all three nights. California Lightning Sprint Cars Friday and Saturday.
· WHEN: Thursday, November 3rd, Friday, November 4th, Saturday, November 5th
· TIMES: Spectator gates will open at 4:00 PM on Thursday & Friday and 3:00 PM Saturday. Racing at 6:30 each night.
· PRACTICE: Free for fans in the grandstands at 6:00 PM Wednesday
· PROGRAM: Qualifying, heats, preliminary and A Mains each night.
· SPECIAL EVENT: 2nd Annual Legend's of Match Race on Friday matching Levi Jones, Mike Spencer, Nic Faas, Chris Windom and Kyle Larson. Four, four lap races with $10,000.00 going to the winner.
· TICKETS: Available at the track each night or online at: http://pas.tix.com/Schedule.asp?OrganizationNumber=7
· ENTRIES: As this piece went to press 52 cars had been entered (complete list at the end of this release). More expected at race time.
· PAST CHAMPIONS ENTERED: Bud Kaeding (2001, 2002, 2007), Cory Kruseman (2003 & 2004), Dave Darland (2005 & 2006), Rip Williams (1997), Rickie Gaunt (1999), Damion Gardner (2009) and Chris Windom (2010). Complete list of past winners below.
· GRAND MARSHALS: Former PAS starters Eddie and Bobby Ramirez.
· ONLINE VIEWING: Available at: http://pasvideo.com/ Thursday & Friday nights $9.99 each. Saturday night $14.99. Blacked out within a 100-mile radius of the track.
· FANTASY GAME: Free entry at: http://www.shorttrackin.com/ Entry deadline is 8:00 PM EST on Wednesday, November 2nd.
· AUTOGRAPH SESSION: 3:00 - 4:00 PM Saturday on the front straightaway.
· PARTY: "Oil Twins Amsoil After The Race Party" in The PAS sports bar after Friday's race. $2.00 beer, $1.00 tacos and Karaoke.
· AFTER THE OVALS DRIVE A SPRINT CAR YOURSELF: $10.00 per lap on Sunday, November 6th. Information at: http://www.sprintcardrivingexperience.com/ or call: (760) 559-5924
· CAMPING ON THE FAIRGROUNDS: Information and reservations: 951-657-4221
PRE-ENTRIES FOR 16TH ANNUAL BUDWEISER OVAL NATIONALS
007 - Wes Gutierrez - San Martin, CA - WG Motorsports
OK - Kenny Perkins - Victorville, CA - Bill Perkins
01 - Danny Eberts - Menifee, CA - Todd Carroll
1L - Kyle Larson - Elk Grove, CA - Buster and Ziggy
2BZ - Danny Faria Jr. - Tipton, CA - Junior Bowman
2 - Austin Williams - Yorba Linda, CA - Jack Jory
3 - Rip Williams - Yorba Linda, CA - Jack Jory
4 - Tracy Hines - Wilkinson, IN - Tracy Hines
4X - Nic Faas - Huntington Beach, CA - Mark Alexander
5 - Chris Windom - Canton, IL - Baldwin Brothers Racing
5X - Bobby East - Brownsburg, IN - Klatt Enterprises
7 - John Aden - Apple Valley, CA - John Aden
7X - Bryan Clauson - Noblesville, IN - CTR/BCI Curb Agajanian
7K - Cory Kruseman - Ventura, CA - Mark & Carmen Priestley
10 - Richard Vander Weerd - Visalia, CA - Ron Vander Weerd
11D - Ryan Bernal - Hollister, CA - Danny Olmstead
12 - Bobby Bender - Ramona, CA - Richard Bender
18 - Danny Sheridan - Santa Maria, CA - Kittle Motorsports
20 - Levi Jones - Brownsburg, IN - Tony Stewart Racing
20X - Dakota Kershaw - Oak Park, CA - Rob Kershaw
23 - Greg Alexander - Torrance, CA - John Bellegante
25 - Gavin Matlock - Spring Valley, CA - Ron & Brandi Williams
26 - Rob Kershaw - Oak Park, CA - Rob Kershaw
27 - Keith Bloom Jr. - Anderson, CA - Abreu Vineyards
27X - Cody Kershaw - Oak Park, CA - Rob Kershaw
29 - Bud Kaeding - Campbell, CA - Buster and Ziggy
30 - TBA - Ron Vander Weerd
33 - Raymond Potter - Yorba Linda, CA - Raymond Potter
35 - Hunter Schuerenberg - Sikeston, MO - Hank Byram
37 - Matt Mitchell - Yorba Linda, CA - JW Mitchell Motorsports
37M - JW Mitchell Motorsports
37 - David Bezio - El, Cajon - David Bezio
40 - Royal Adderson - Moreno Valley, CA - Royal Adderson
42 - Dave Darland - Lincoln, IN - Dwight Cheney
44 - Cody Williams - Yorba Linda, CA - Jack Jory
50 - Mike Spencer - Temecula, CA - Ron Chaffin Motorsports
51 - RJ Johnson - Phoenix, AZ - Bobby Martin
53 - Jon Stanbrough - Avon, IN - Fox Brothers
55 - Tony Everhart - El Cajon - Tony Everhart
66 - Rickie Gaunt - Torrance. CA - David Miller
69 - Brady Bacon - Broken Arrow, OK - Dynamics, Inc.
69X - Kody Swanson - Kingsburg, CA - Alan Kaiser
71 - Damion Gardner - Concord, CA - Damion Gardner
72 - Robert Ballou - Rocklin, CA - Keith Ford
73 - Josh Ford - Camarillo, CA - Keith Ford
73X - TBA - Keith Ford
88 - Jace Vander Weerd - Visalia, CA - Ron Vander Weerd
91R - Brody Roa - Buena Park, CA - BR Performance
92 - Andy Forsberg - Auburn, CA - Andy Forsberg
92X - Greg Bragg - Visalia, CA - Tom & Laurie Sertich
The official entry blank is available by clicking the following link: http://www.perrisautospeedway.com/forms/oval11form.html
To keep up with all of the latest Perris Auto Speedway news, photos, gossip and receive special offers, sign up at The PAS Facebook site at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Perris-Auto-Speedway/113876798686480
You can also keep up with the latest news and receive special offers from The PAS Twitter site: http://twitter.com/perrisautospdwy.
Perris Auto Speedway wants to thank its corporate sponsors for the 2011 season. Aaron's, Ahern Rentals, All Coast Construction, Amsoil, Ayers Hotel and Spa, Budweiser, Champion Towing, City of Perris, Comfort Inn, Comunidad Latina, Daytona Boat & RV Storage, Frazee Paint, Hoosier Tires, JD Fields Lumber, K&N Engineering, Lake Elsinore & Norco Animal Hospitals, P.I.P.E., Pepsi-Cola, Pick-A-Part Auto Salvage, Prolong Super Lubricants, Soboba Casino, Square H, Temecula Valley Pipe & Supply, Trench Shoring, US Foods, Valley Auto Salvage and Zanzabuku Sports Lounge.
For more information call The PAS at: (951) 940-0134.
Perris Auto Speedway is located on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds (home of October's Southern California Fair), approximately one hour east of Los Angeles and one hour North of San Diego. To get to the track, take the 215 freeway, exit on the Ramona Expressway and go three miles east to the fairgrounds.
Video and DVD productions of all racing events at Perris Auto Speedway are available from Jeff Kristensen's Raceway Video. For more information on these productions you can call: (818) 618-9764 or visit the web site at: http://racewayvideo.com/
mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org is the only authorized Internet address to issue official media news released from The Perris Auto Speedway or Oval Entertainment
OVAL NATIONALS CHAMPIONS
1996 - Jimmy Sills
1997 - Rip Williams
1998 - Rodney Argo
1999 - Rickie Gaunt
2000 - Tony Jones
2001 - Bud Kaeding
2002 - Bud Kaeding
2003 - Cory Kruseman
2004 - Cory Kruseman
2005 - Dave Darland
2006 - Dave Darland
2007 - Bud Kaeding
2008 - Jesse Hockett
2009 - Damion Gardner
2010 - Chris Windom