ROUND #2 OF 1-800 LOANMART CHALLENGE HIGHLIGHTS SATURDAY'S PERRIS PASSCAR PROGRAM!
(Perris, CA, June 19, 2012) Round #2 of the 1-800LoanMart Challenge for the Oil Twins Amsoil Street Stocks will highlight Saturday night's PASSCAR program at Perris Auto Speedway. In addition to the Street Stocks, the Super Stocks, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Pick-A-Part American Factory Stocks and the CDCRA Dwarf Cars will also be on the program. Spectator gates will open at 5:00 PM with racing at 6:00.
The 1-800LoanMart Challenge pays $1,750.00 to win (based on a minimum 24 cars field). The first race of the series took place on April 14th and Bakersfield driver Clint Reichenbach took home the hefty winner's check. The 17-year-old methodically worked his way through the field to win the main event. Heading into Saturday's race, he is tied in the standings with Norco teenager Mike Malcolm for first place overall. The top three in the points standings will pocket $2,500.00, $1,500.00 and $1,000.00 respectively at the end of the four race series.
After Saturday's event, the 1-800LoanMart Challenge will wrap up with two races in September on the 1st and the 22nd.
"The first 1-800LoanMart Challenge race was very exciting," Perris promoter Don Kazarian said on Monday. "Lots of side by side racing with our regular PASSCAR stars and top drivers from out of town. And, it was not void of controversy when two guys battling for the main event lead took each other out. It should be another thriller this Saturday."
Eric Evans of National City heads into Saturday's race as the point leader of the overall PASSCAR championship (combined all PASSCAR divisions) and in the Super Stock class as well. Corona's Steven "Bam Bam" Fangmeyer, who races in the Factory Stocks, trails Evans by a mere two-points in the PASSCAR championship chase. Defending Super Stock champ Joseph Altig of Imperial Beach is third in the overall title chase and is second to Evans in the Super Stocks.
Other current PASSCAR point leaders expected to be on hand on Saturday are Riverside's Shaun Estes in the regular Oil Twins Amsoil Street Stock standings, four-time champ Alan Updyke in the Modifieds, Nuevo's Mike Burks in the Factory Stocks and Costa Mesa's JD Wilson in the Sport Mods.
Media, attached to this release is a photo of Street Stock contenders Alan Grubel (71x) of Yucaipa and "The Red Hot Racin' Grandma," Ronnie Everhart of Perris. Both will be competing in the 1-800LoanMart Challenge on Saturday. Please feel free to use the photo and it used, please give photo credit to Doug Allen.
Tickets will be $12.00 for adults. Active military members with proper id, teens age 13-18 with their school id and kids 6-12 get in for just $5.00. Children 5 and under get in for free.
The entire 2012 PAS schedule is listed at the end of this release.
To keep up with all of the latest Perris Auto Speedway news, photos, gossip and receive special offers, sign up at The PAS Facebook site at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php - !/pages/Perris-Auto-Speedway/11387679868
You can also keep up with the latest news and receive special offers from The PAS Twitter site: http://twitter.com/perrisautospdwy.
Perris Auto Speedway wants to thank its corporate sponsors for the 2012 season. 1-800LoanMart, 777 Racecars, Aaron's, Ahern Rentals, All Coast Construction, Amsoil, Ayers Hotel and Spa, Budweiser, Champion Towing, City of Perris, Comfort Inn, Day Construction, Daytona Boat & RV Storage, Frazee Paint, Hoosier Tires, K&N Engineering, P.I.P.E., Pepsi-Cola, Pick-A-Part Auto Salvage, Prolong Super Lubricants, Snap-on, Soboba Casino, Square H, Swedish Speed, Temecula Valley Pipe & Supply, Trench Shoring, US Foods, Valley Auto Salvage and Zanzabuku Sports Lounge.
For more information call The PAS at: (951) 940-0134.
Video and DVD productions of all racing events at Perris Auto Speedway are available from Loudpedal Productions. For more information on these productions you can contact them by calling (805) 844-3854, E-mailing mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or you can visit the web site http://www.loudpedalvideo.com/
For more information call: (951) 940-0134.
Perris Auto Speedway is located on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds (home of October’s Southern California Fair), approximately one hour east of Los Angeles and one hour North of San Diego. To get to the track, take the 215 freeway, exit on the Ramona Expressway and go three miles east to the fairgrounds.
email@example.com is the only authorized Internet address to issue official media news released from The Perris Auto Speedway or Oval Entertainment
1-800LoanMart Challenge Standings
1. Clint Reichenbach - Bakersfield - 60
1. Mike Malcolm - Norco - 60
3. Brian Tully - Fallbrook - 57
4. Ryan Davies - 52
5. Alan Grubel - Yucaipa - 48
6. Henry Wesoloski - Temecula - 45
7. Lance Walser - Moreno Valley - 40
8. Curtis Dietzsch - Moreno Valley - 39
9. Chris Fritz - El Cajon - 36
10. Tim Shadduck - Hemet - 34
Overall PASSCAR Championship (all divisions) Standings
1. Eric Evans - National City - National City - 190
2. Steven Fangmeyer - Corona - Factory Stocks - 188
3. Joseph Altig - Imperial Beach - Super Stocks - 174
4. Mike Burks - Nuevo - Factory Stocks - 173
5. Shaun Estes - Riverside - Street Stocks - 153
6. Alan Updyke - Tustin - Modifieds - 151
7. Dave Clark - Riverside - Modifieds - 148
8. Dennis Woolridge - Corona - 143
9. John Crow - Anaheim - Modifieds - 141
10. Dave Vrett - Riverside - Factory Stocks - 138
OIL TWINS AMSOIL STREET STOCK POINT STANDINGS
1. Shaun Estes - Riverside - 187
2. Tim Shadduck - Hemet - 174
3. Henry Wesolowski - Temecula - 169
4. Lance Walser - Moreno Valley - 167
5. Brian Tully - Fallbrook - 166
6. Mike Malcolm - Corona - 158
7. Curtis Dietzsch - Moreno Valley - 148
7. Luke Dodd - Riverside - 123
9. Don Rudd - Riverside - 101
10. Alan Grubel - Yucaipa - 94
SUPER STOCK POINT STANDINGS
1. Eric Evans - National City - 190
2. Joseph Altig - Imperial Beach - 174
3. Dennis Woolridge - 143
4. Damon Thomas - San Diego - 126
5. Travis Walser - Hemet - 84
6. Bryan Butler - Buena Park - 73
7. Blaine Whitson - Temecula - 68
8. Keith Altig - Imperial Beach - 60
9. PJ Dyke - Jamul - 55
10. Charles Hill - Moreno Valley - 42
1. Alan Updyke - Tustin -214
2. John Crow - Anaheim - 200
3. Dave Clark - Riverside - 185
4. Dwayne Dalton - El Cajon - 174
5. Anthony Merritt - Hemet - 161
6. Jesse Gordon - Yucaipa - 145
6. Devon Felkner - San Diego - 128
8. Steve Roche - Spring Valley - 88
9. Tim Salch - Ontario - 73
10. Tim Huver - Mira Loma - 62
PICK-A-Part AMERICAN FACTORY STOCK POINTS
1. Mike Burks - Nuevo - 232
2. Steven Fangmeyer - Corona - 188
3. Dave Vrett - Riverside - 187
4. Nathan Deragon - El Cajon - 182
5. Tom Gillum - Riverside - 177
6. Brent Debruyn - Corona - 167
7. Jeff Gillum - Hemet - 166
8. Fred Kottman - Hesperia - 164
9. Marie Bradt - El Cajon - 62
10. Stephanie Herbage - Moreno Valley - 56
SPORT MOD STANDINGS
1. JD Wilson - Costa Mesa - 175
2. Jesse Gordon - Yucaipa - 168
3. Johnny Lathrop - Corona - 142
4. Tom Smith - Lakewood - 105
5. Andy Moreton - Victorville - 100
6. Dallas Smith - Chino Hills - 96
7. Ronald Pegus - Brawley - 81
8. Kenny Mann - Torrance - 51
9. Ben Bacher - Fontana - 42
10. Bob Suchy - Tustin - 39
2012 PERRIS AUTO SPEEDWAY SCHEDULE
June 23 - PASSCAR Super Stocks, Amsoil Street Stocks (Race #2 "1-800LoanMart 2012 PASSCAR Street Stock Challenge), Modifieds, Factory Stocks, Sport Mods, CDCRA Dwarf Cars
June 30 - Off Weekend
July 4 - Firecracker 30 & Sky Concert: USAC/CRA Sprint Cars, PAS Senior Sprints, California Lightning Sprint Cars, "The Power of Purple" Relay for Life Fundraiser benefiting the American Cancer Society
July 7 - Off Weekend
July 14 - Night of Destruction 3: Trailer Figure 8 Races, Figure 8's, Demo Cross, Auto Roller Derby, Rollover Contest
July 21 - PASSCAR Super Stocks, Amsoil Street Stocks, Modifieds, Factory Stocks, Sport Mods
July 28 - California Racers Hall of Fame Night: USAC/CRA Sprint Cars, PAS Senior Sprints, California Lightning Sprint Cars
August 4 - Off Weekend
August 11 - Off Weekend
August 18 - USAC/CRA Sprint Cars, PAS Senior Sprints, California Lightning Sprint Cars
August 25 - Off Weekend
September 1 - PASSCAR Super Stocks, Amsoil Street Stocks (Race #3 "1-800LoanMart 2012 PASSCAR Street Stock Challenge), Modifieds, Factory Stocks, Sport Mods, CDCRA Dwarf Cars
September 8 - Night of Destruction 4: "Perris Leap" Trophy Truck Long Jump and Engine Meltdown, Trailer Figure 8 Races, Figure 8's, Auto Roller Derby, Demo Cross
September 15 - Glenn Howard Classic: USAC/CRA Sprint Cars, PAS Senior Sprints, California Lightning Sprint Cars
September 22 - PASSCAR Super Stocks, Amsoil Street Stocks (Race #4 "1-800LoanMart 2012 PASSCAR Street Stock Challenge), Modifieds, Factory Stocks, Sport Mods
September 29 - Off Weekend
October 6 - Southern California Fair: USAC/CRA Sprint Cars
October 13 - Southern California Fair
October 20 - Off Weekend
October 27 - PASSCAR Super Stocks, Amsoil Street Stocks, Modifieds, Factory Stocks, Sport Mods, CDCRA Dwarf Cars
November 1 - 17th Annual Budweiser Oval Nationals Practice
November 2 - 17th Annual Budweiser Oval Nationals: USAC National Sprint Cars, USAC/CRA Sprint Cars, PAS Senior Sprints, California Lightning Sprint Cars
November 3 - 17th Annual Budweiser Oval Nationals: USAC National Sprint Cars, USAC/CRA Sprint Cars, PAS Senior Sprints, California Lightning Sprint Cars
November 22 - TBA
November 23 & 24 - 1-800LoanMart Street Stock Turkey Bowl $15,000.00 purse