PERRIS AUTO SPEEDWAY
1.FRAME: Must be an American rear-wheel drive passenger car frame only. 1964 or newer OEM. Absolutely no sports car frames. All frames must be full, complete and cannot be widened or narrowed. All frames must be able to support roll cage on both sides. The exceptions to this are: weight jack in original center line of spring tower allowed; frame may be cut a maximum 36 inches forward from center of rear end housing; horns may be removed in front of steering box; front cross member may be notched and boxed for radiator and/or steering clearance; maximum seven-inch wide opening in side of spring tower for spring removal. Maximum two inch wide by four inch tall frame stiffener may be welded directly to outside of left side frame rail. Minimum wheelbase 108 inches, maximum 112 inches, both sides. Maximum overall width (front or rear) shall not exceed 78 inches from outside of tire to outside of tire. No part of frame can be lower than four inches from ground except front cross member.
2. ROLL CAGE: Must consist of continuous hoops, minimum 1.75 inch O.D. tubing, with a minimum wall thickness of .095 inch for main cage, frame-mounted in at least six places, low carbon or mild steel recommended. Must consist of a configuration of front, rear and top hoops connected by tubing on sides or side hoops. Driver’s head must not protrude outside cage with helmet on. Roll cage must be securely supported and braced with minimum one cross bar in top halo. Foot protection bar required. Main cage no further forward than rear of engine. All bars forward of cage must be lower than hood.
DOOR BARS: All driver side door bars and uprights must be minimum
1.5 inch O.D. and .083 inch wall thickness. Minimum three driver side door
bars, parallel to ground and perpendicular to driver, and welded to front
and rear of roll cage. Passenger side must have at least one cross door
bar, horizontal or angled, minimum 1.25 inch O.D. and .083 inch wall
thickness, and one top door bar, minimum 1.5 inch O.D. and .083 inch wall
thickness. Steel door plate, 18 gauge or .049 inch minimum thickness, must
be securely welded to outside of driver side door bars and cover area from
top door bar to bottom door bar and from rear hoop down-post to five
inches in front of seat. Must be visible for inspection.
(See diagram) Must be same width, front to rear, and parallel to OEM
frame. Engine compartment must remain open (no side panels). Hood must be
level or sloped down at front and be enclosed at rear. No reverse hook
rake allowed. No panel in front of right door to engine compartment. No
inner panels. No car covers. Must have front windshield and rear window
support posts. Driver and passenger side windows must have at least 12
inch opening (height and width), measured at center of window, between
lowest point at top of window, whether roof or roll cage, and highest
point at bottom of window, whether interior or body. Sail panels may not
extend ahead of back of seat. May use Lexan in sail panels. May use full
windshield. Roof must be fiberglass or aluminum, full size and rounded
down in all directions. No dished roofs allowed. Driver roof hatch
allowed. Maximum 1.5 inch rolled down rock guard allowed on roof front.
Maximum four inch roof sides allowed. Maximum one inch ridge down sides of
roof. Maximum on inch rear roof stiffener and must face down. No fins,
lips, wings or spoilers. Maximum four inch plastic skirting allowed on
bottom of doors and quarters. No reflective doors or quarter panels. On
right side, outside of tires must be widest part of car. On left side,
body may be maximum one inch outside of rear tire for clearance. Car
number must be minimum four inches thick and 20 inches tall and clearly
visible on both sides top and back of car and front, if possible.
5. DRIVER COMPARTMENT: Must have minimum three windshield bars in front of driver. Lexan or aluminum cowl panel in front of driver can be no wider than cockpit and no farther back than steering wheel. Minimum .125 inch aluminum, or .060 inch steel, complete floor pan required. Aluminum high-back seat only and must be bolted in, using minimum 0.375-inch bolts, next to left side frame rail and ahead of rear tires. Bottom of seat can be no lower than bottom of frame rail. Driver must be sealed off from track, driveline, engine, fuel cell, canisters and pumps. Oil coolers must not protrude above interior. Accumulators cannot be mounted between driver and left-side door bars. No driver-adjustable devices allowed while car is in competition except brake adjuster. No mirrors of any kind.
6. FRONT SUSPENSION: All components must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location, and replaceable by OEM parts, exceptions are: tube-type upper A-frames with or without aluminum or steel cross shaft, and mounts can be moved; stamped steel OEM replacement lower A-frames; rubber, nylon or steel lower A-frame bushings, no offset or bearing type; welded or bolted shock mount on lower A-frame. Lower A-frames must be right and left, and of same design. Lower A-frame mounts and bolt holes on frame must be in OEM location. OEM ball joints only. Sway bar must be unaltered OEM.
7. STEERING: No rack and pinion. All components must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location, exceptions are: outer tie rod end and adjustment sleeve may be replaced by a minimum .625 inch steel rod end and steel tube; spindles can be ground for brake caliper clearance only; unaltered, OEM replacement Pinto spindles with raised cast; bolt on spindle savers allowed; steel steering shafts and knuckles only; steering quickener, steering wheel and quick release may be aluminum; driver compartment steering may be modified, must be kept on left side. Spindles must be right and left, and of same design. Idler arm, pitman arm, and center link must match frame.
8. SHOCKS: One steel, nonadjustable, unaltered shock per wheel. One additional shock allowed in lift- or pull-bar area. No bumpers or stops. No threaded body, front coil-over, air, or remote reservoir shocks. No Schrader or gas refill ports. Front half may be shielded.
9. SPRINGS: One steel, non-progressive coil spring per wheel only. Steel or composite leaf spring allowed. One additional spring allowed on pull bar or lift bar, may be progressive. Any coil spring must be at least 4.5 inches O.D. No torsion bars or air bags.
10. REAR SUSPENSION: No independent rear suspension. All components must be steel. No covers allowed. All trailing arms/link bars must be solid tubing. Rear of frame may be altered to accept leaf or coil springs. Steel coil-over eliminators, or steel or aluminum coil-over kits allowed - must conform to shock and spring rules. One mechanical traction bar pull bar allowed. Effective June 1, 2011 lift bars or 5th arms will NOT be allowed. Rubber bumpers allowed only on panhard bar and mechanical traction bar. No sway bar. No chains, cables or tethers (except on front of lift bar). Minimum 19 inch long panhard bar, measured straight line, center to center.
11. REAR END: Any steel approved OEM passenger car or truck rear end (housing and carrier) allowed. Safety hubs (floater) allowed. All components must be steel, except lowering blocks, axle cap, drive flange. Inspection hole required in housing. Full steel spool, steel mini spool or welded rear ends only. Steel axles only. No quick change devices, or cambered rear ends. One piece drive flange only. No torque dividing differentials. No scalloped ring gears.
12. BUMPERS: (See diagram) Steel bumpers must be on front and rear at all times and welded, or mounted with minimum .375 inch bolts. Must be minimum 1.25 inch O.D. tubing, .065 wall thickness on front - .095 wall thickness on rear. Two-bar front bumper must be mounted frame-end to frame-end, no wider than width of material outside frame horns and with bottom loop parallel to ground. Top bar must be directly above bottom bar, minimum 6.5 inches apart, measured center to center.
13. TIRES & WHEELS: Must use an unaltered Hoosier Race tire Spec. # G60-15. No softening, conditioning, siping or grooving of tires. No re-caps. Steel wheels only. Aluminum, composite or steel spacers only. May use a bead lock, on right rear only. External, steel bead lock only and it cannot make wheel any narrower than 8 inches and no wider than 8.75 inches. Must use only steel bolts. One foam type or plastic mud cap allowed on right rear only. Rim-mounted bleeder valves allowed. Steel lug nuts only.
14. BRAKES: Must be steel approved OEM, operative four wheel, drum or disc. Must maintain minimum OEM dimensions for hubs/rotors and calipers, cannot be lightened. Bolt pattern may be changed. Larger studs allowed. Rear rotors may be aftermarket, minimum .810 inch thickness. Vented rotors only, no scalloped rotors. No brake shut-off or pressure sensitive devices. One proportioning device allowed, front to rear only. Brake lines must be visible.
15. EXHAUST: Round tube headers only. All primary header tubes must enter directly into one collector, at same point, at end of header. Mufflers are mandatory. Anyone loader than 95db at 100 ft. will be warned once. The second offense will lead to a disqualification. All exhaust must go through mufflers, two per car, one per header. No exhaust sensors.
16. FUEL SYSTEM: Mechanical or belt driven fuel pump only and must be mounted at front of engine. Racing fuel cell required, maximum 32 gallon capacity, must be in minimum 18 gauge steel container. Cell must be securely mounted behind rear axle, between rear tires, minimum of four inches ahead of bumper, minimum of ten inches above ground. Must mount with minimum two solid steel straps around entire cell, two inches wide and .125 inch thick. All cell mounts must be steel, securely welded to frame/cage. Protective tubing must cover rear and extend past both sides of cell. No part of cell shall be lower than protective tubing. Fuel cell vents, including cap vent, must have check valves. Pick-up must be on top or right side of cell. Limit of one fuel filter. No cool cans. Air cleaner top/stud cannot direct air into carburetor. No top flow air cleaner housings. One naturally aspirated two- or four-barrel carburetor only. No adjustable throttle bore carburetor spacers.
17. FUEL: Gasoline or alcohol. Race fuel allowed. NO performance-enhancing additives. Upper cylinder lube allowed with alcohol only.
18. WEIGHT: Minimum weight limit of 2,450 pounds, no tolerance, after race with driver in car. No weights and/or loose objects in driver compartment or outside body. Weights must be securely mounted to frame or roll cage and painted white with car number on it. Must be attached with at least two .5 inch bolts. No titanium, magnesium or carbon fiber products. No gun-drilled, tubular, hollow bolts or studs. Steel fasteners only.
19. BATTERY & STARTER: One 12 volt battery only, must be securely mounted between frame rails, and positive terminal must be covered. Car must have capability of starting without being pushed or pulled. Car must leave initial staging area on demand, unaided, or go to rear of that race. Reverse-mount starters with OEM case transmissions only.
20. GAUGES& ELECTRONICS: No unapproved cameras, transmitting or listening devices, timing retard controls, or digital gauges (including tach). No electronic monitoring computer devices capable of storing or transmitting information except analog tach. All cars MUST use max 7800 rpm rev limiter chip. This may be accomplished using one non-adjustable 12 volt ignition box with one high-end rev-limiter setting or an internal setting inside the box. MSD #8728 rev-control or MSD #8738 additional rev-control box allowed. Preset Crane #6000-6478 ignition box allowed. No additional ignition accessories allowed. All components must be out of reach of driver, but accessible for inspection. No magnetos or crank triggers. No electronic traction control devices
TRANSMISSION & DRIVESHAFT: Must
have at least two forward gears and one reverse, plus a neutral position.
With engine running and car in still position, must be able to engage car
in gear and move forward, then backward. OEM production type aftermarket
transmissions allowed - two-speed, three-speed, four-speed and automatic.
No five speed (or more) transmissions, ‘in and out’ boxes, or quick
change devices allowed. Functioning shift levers must be in OEM location
on all OEM production type transmissions. All belt drive pumps must be
mounted on front of engine. Flexplates must be full, steel, unaltered OEM,
or OEM replacement. Flywheel/flexplate must bolt to engine between clutch
assembly and crankshaft and all driveline components within bellhousing
must rotate while car is in any gear. Transmission must be one of the
22. ENGINE COMPARTMENT: Rear of engine (bell housing flange) must be mounted at least 72 inches forward from centerline of rear axle. Engine offset must be kept within two inches of centerline of front cross member with engine level. Minimum 11 inch engine height from ground to center of crankshaft. Radiator must be mounted in front of engine. Cooling system may be modified. Overflow tubes must be directed to ground between frame rails.
ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS: Any American make engine allowed.
Aftermarket and OEM performance blocks allowed. Steel heads, block and oil
pan only. Flat tappet cam/lifters and stud-mounted rocker arms only. No
shaft or pedestal rocker arms. No titanium engine components, exception is
titanium valve retainers allowed until January 1, 2012. No stud girdles.
No mushroom lifters, lifter diameter and configuration must match OEM
passenger block. OEM firing order cannot be changed. All engines must be
able to be used in conventional passenger car without alterations. Engine
mounts cannot be removed or altered. Castings and fittings must not be
changed. No machine work on outside of engine. All belt driven
accessories must be on front of engine. ‘Wet’ sump oiling system
all safety equipment it will be the sole responsibility of the driver, not
Perris Auto Speedway, their agents/ officials or corporate officers to
ensure that his/her safety equipment is correctly installed, maintained,
and properly used. Please refer to manufacturer installation and usage
guidelines and adhere to them.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Rules
apply at all times car is on track. Snell-rated SA2000 or SA2005 or SA
2010 helmet required. Roll bar padding required in driver compartment (Fire
retardant recommended). SFI-approved full fire suit required. Fire
retardant neck brace, gloves and shoes required. Recommended: Fire
retardant head sock and underwear; head and neck restraints; collapsible
steering shaft. Driver-side window net required, minimum
16"x20" ribbon or mesh style, and must be mounted so latch is at
top front of window. Minimum three-inch wide five point safety belt
assembly required (Y-type shoulder harness not allowed), must be mounted
securely to roll cage, recommended to be no more than one year old.
Kill switch required within easy reach of driver and must be clearly
marked ‘OFF’ and ‘ON’.
On board fire extinguisher (2lb) MANDATORY with quick release
mechanism, within drivers reach while strapped in.
All cars will be required to have in their pits a minimum of one 5
pound, Halon or dry chemical fire extinguisher. This is to be visible to
tech officials, and all crewmembers must be aware of its location, and
knowledgeable in the use of the fire extinguisher. Sharing a fire
extinguisher between two pit areas is permissible as long as it is
Accessible to both, and both pits are aware of its location.
Car and driver will be required to make safety rule violations
comply, PRIOR to racing any event.
All cars are subject to inspection by Perris Auto Speedway at any
time and in any manner determined by track officials. All decisions
regarding the timing and manner of inspections, as well as which cars will
be inspected is final.
A competitor must take whatever steps requested by a track
official, including tear down of a car, to facilitate inspection of the
car at any time.
Only those persons approved by track officials may be admitted into
the inspection area.
Perris Auto Speedway has the right to confiscate any part and/or
equipment, which fail to meet applicable Perris Auto Speedway
specifications during an event.
Track officials mandate inspection after the event; if a car that
has competed in the event is taken from the tech area without permission
of a track official, the car and driver will be disqualified.
Any member who fails to tear down a car for inspection when
requested to do so by the track officials, a fine and/or loss of
championship points and /or definite suspension from Perris Auto Speedway
The rules and/or regulations set forth
herein are designed for the orderly conduct of racing events and to
establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. The rules shall
govern all entrants. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT
FROM PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS.
They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no
way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or
race director shall be empowered to permit deviations from any of the
specifications, herein, or impose any further restriction, that in his
opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR
IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF
SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviations of these rules is left to
the discretion of the officials. Their discretion is final. If
you have any questions please call the office at (951) 940-0134.
Participants must be a member of the Perris Auto Speedway Passcar
Association to participate in the event and receive Championship points.
After two events you must be
a member of PASSCAR to participate.
There will be a $40.00 entry fee per car per race. Money will be collected
at pill pick.