1. Must be American manufactured
2. Minimum wheelbase of 105”
1. Bodies should be semi stock appearing. Steel,
Aluminum or Fiberglass bodies.
2. All nosepieces or front covers must be
Maximum 50 inches from the center of the wheel to the front of the nose
deck may be flat or may slope downward to rear of car
4. Max spoiler allowed 6”x width of body”. Face
of spoiler 6”. Sides OK
5. Overall width of body not to exceed 78” at
Plastic body skirt ok
7. Floor pan may be removed
8. Drivers side windshield area must be covered
with a minimum ¼” opening or maximum of 1” openings or Minimum of 3
Windshield bars in front of driver. Mounting is at discretion of Tech
Window net mandatory. Strict enforcement on secure mounting. No zip ties
or pop riveting. Hard mounting only
1. Both front and back bumpers must be attached
and rear bumpers may be OEM Aluminum, 1 ¾” round or 2”x2” square tubing.
3. All cars must start race with front and rear
4. Any car
loosing rear bumper will be black flagged from the event. No reattaching
and re-entering event
1. All numbers must be a minimum of 20” tall and
cars must have a number on the roof and left and right side doors
3. Please use colors that contrast the rest of
the car. This will help eliminate scoring problems
4. Headlight & tail light number required
5.Drivers name must be legible to Grandstand on
both SIDES of car and roof
1. All cages must be made of .095 tubing no less
than 1 ½” O.D.
Must have a minimum of four (4) left side door bars
3. All cages must have a diagonal bar running
from top to bottom behind driver’s seat
4. No galvanized pipe allowed
5. All roll cages will be strictly inspected
6. 1/8” thick door bar plate on driver side
SEATS AND SEATBELTS:
1. All seats must be padded aluminum racing
2. No seat
may be mounted directly to floor pan. Seat must be mounted to roll cage at
no less than four (4) points
3. A five- (5) point safety harness, with quick
release is mandatory with a 3” wide lap belt, 3” shoulder belts, and a 2”
submarine belt. All belts must be attached to roll cage
4. All belts must be kept up to date. Must have
date of manufacture and must be within 3 years of present date. This is
for your safety
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION:
1. OEM American rear-wheel drive frame only. No
sports car frames. OEM part of frame must measure a Minimum of “20 forward
from Screw Jack and a minimum of 20” to rear of screw jack. May modify for
Fuel pump, steering shaft, Radiator and shock clearance. May alter for
after market upper A-arms
2. Tube type upper adjustable A-arms allowed
3. Control arm that supports coil spring must be
4. Rear clip
may be made of 2" x 3" steel tubing. Tubing must extend to the rear
bumper. Rear spring mounts must be a minimum of 40" apart measured inside
5. Uni –
body cars may tie in frame rails front to rear
6. Weight jacks are allowed. No weight jacking
controls allowed inside of drivers compartment
7. Racing spring and racing shocks may be used
(no coil over or coil over eliminator). Heim end type shocks OK
8. No Cannister shocks. No external adjustable
shocks (dials, screws etc).
9. Rebuildable and revalveable shocks allowed
10. Maximum four shocks allowed on car. 1 shock
per wheel only. No shocks over rear end
11. Leaf spring sliders are allowed
12. No composite leaf springs
13. May remove floor pan, driver must be
completely sealed in cockpit, driveline straps strictly enforced
14. Adjustable lowering blocks O.K.
15. Coil cars can run 3-Links. Solid links only.
20/20 rule. Top bar no longer than 20 inches. Bottom bar must be a minimum
of 20 inches, behind rear end.
16. Coil cars may use adjustable upper links.
Lowers must remain stock but may use multi-hole locations. Offset bolts OK
1. No quick-change rear ends allowed
2. Must be steel rear end housing
3. No gold track or ratchet rear ends allowed
4. No wide fives allowed
1. Steering box must be mounted in stock
steering, quick steer boxes allowed
3. No racks and pinion steering allowed
1. Must have three (3) working brakes at all
Adjustable valves may be used for front to rear brake bias
3. Right front brake shut off OK
4. Front and rear brake calipers Cast- steel
only. Aftermarket OK. No aluminum. Single piston only. Right front rotor
may be altered.
SPECIFICATIONS: Any American make steel engine block allowed.
Aftermarket and OEM performance blocks allowed.
Steel heads and block only. Any Cast Intake manifold. Flat tappet
cam/lifters only. (NO ROLLER CAM OR LIFTERS) Stud Girdles allowed. Any
Rocker Arm allowed. No mushroom lifters, OEM firing order cannot be
changed. No crank triggers. All engines must be able to be used in
conventional passenger car without alterations. All belt driven
accessories must be on front of engine. ‘Wet’ sump oiling system only.
Engine must be no further
back than # 1 spark plug to ball joint
1.Sealed GM crate engine part number 8604
barrel 650 CFM carburetor allowed. Untouched Holley # 80541-1 or Demon #
3.Minimum weight 3000 lbs. (pounds)
1. One (1) Holly 500 CFM. 2 barrel carburetor
(no. 4412 only) or (1) Demon 2 barrel 500cfm carburetor Part #2372210 OT
or (1) 4 Barrel carburetor.
2. Two- (2) throttle springs mandatory
1. Must not exceed the 95 dB limit at 100 feet
2. No exhaust of any kind allowed in driver’s
Any car loosing a muffler will be disqualified from that event
1. No magnetos allowed
2. All battery-powered ignitions will be allowed
3. Ignition boxes must be placed in clear view
of tech inspector and out of reach of driver. All boxes subject to tech
inspection at all times
4. No tampering of ignition boxes such as ETC
(electronic traction control) or timing control devices. Absolutely no
JUNK allowed altering engine performance during race conditions. Subject
to suspension of racing for 1 year and expense of testing and shipping
One ignition box per car at any time
6. Any Speedway member may protest any ignition
box for $200.00 plus shipping and handling. Shipping and handling is red
label overnight express, if box is found illegal, protestor will receive
$200 back. If found legal, owner/driver protested will receive $150.00 and
$50.00 going to Speedway.
1. All cars will have a working starter in stock
switch must be labeled and easily accessed by driver or safety workers
1. Brinn, Bert, Falcon type internal clutch
2. Richmond or Muncie transmissions OK
3. Any clutch will be allowed.
4. Automatic transmissions may use a coupler
instead of a torque converter.
1. Minimum 2 inch diameter steel/ OR minimum 3
inch diameter Aluminum drive shaft and must be painted white. Steel
slip-yokes only. 360-degree drive shaft loop at front and rear of
FUEL AND FUEL SYSTEMS:
1. No electric fuel pumps allowed
2. All cars must have fuel cells with a chain,
cable, etc attaching cap to fuel cell
3. All fuel cell will be at discretion of Track
fuel line running through the driver’s compartment must be housed in a
Driver’s compartment must be sealed from both engine and fuel cell
6. All cars require the use of a check valve
(roll over valve) on the vent of cell. 7. Gasoline only - no alcohol.
WHEELS AND TIRES:
1. Maximum rim (wheel) width is 8”. All wheels
must be steel
Bead-locks may be used on all four (4) corners
3. Must use unaltered Hoosier ‘500’ Race tire,
with IMCA stamped on sidewall. No chemical softening or conditioning
allowed .All tires may be ground or siped within confines of tread. No
grooving allowed. Unaltered Hoosier Race tire, G60-15 with IMCA stamped on
sidewall. No chemical softening, conditioning of tires Tires may be ground
or siped within confines of tread (not past factory straight line). No
grooving allowed. Hoosier Race tire P245/60D15: P255/60D15 or P265/60D15.
All Hoosier tires must be purchased from Trackside Racing (714) 895-1190.
1. Minimum weight is 3,000 lbs. ANYTIME
2. All ballast weight must be painted white and
have the car’s number legibly painted on it
3. All weight must be mounted by a min of two
5/8” bolts or two weight mounts
4. Any ballast weight dropped on racing surface
will result in an automatic disqualification
5. All mounting is subject to strict inspection.
IF YOU LOOSE A PIECE OF LEAD ANYTIME DURING THE NIGHT, (including hot
laps) YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT.
1. Battery mounting will be strictly inspected.
2. No radios. No rear view mirrors allowed.
3. Equipment will not be considered legal simply
because it went through inspection unobserved, or because a rule has not
been written excluding it.
rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed for the orderly
conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements
for such events. The rules shall govern all entrants. NO EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE
WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the
conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death
to a participant, spectator or official. The race director shall be
empowered to permit deviations from any of the specifications, herein, or
impose any further restriction, that in his opinion do not alter the
minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF
SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any
interpretation or deviations of these rules is left to the discretion of
the officials. Their discretion is final. If you have any
questions please call the office at (951) 940-0134.
All Participants must be a member of the
Perris Auto Speedway PASSCAR Association to receive Championship points.
After two events you must join PASSCAR to participate.
There will be a $40.00 entry fee per car per
race. Money will be collected at pill pick at the Pit Gate.