NOTICE: ALL EQUIPMENT IS SUBJECT TO THE APPROVAL OF PERRIS AUTO SPEEDWAY OFFICIALS. All CARS MUST PASS A PRE-COMPETITION INSPECTION AND ALL CARS ARE SUBJECT TO A POST INSPECTION.
NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS ALLOWED IN THE PIT AREA. VIOLATION WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF CAR, DRIVER AND CREW. NO REFUNDS!!!
Car Pre-Entry $50.00. Day of the event entry $100. Entry Fee includes Driver’s Pit Pass. Additional Pit Pass $25.00 each and must be bought at the track pit booth. Anyone entering the pit area must be over the age of 14 and purchase and wear a pit pass and sign the insurance release form. If you look young, be prepared to show ID.
1. Open to any U.S.
FULL SIZE hard top model stock car including station wagons and Hurses.
2. ALL glass and stock combustible (upholstery, door panel, head liner ECT.)
MUST be removed, except front windshield which must be taped around the edge and down the middle with DUCT TAPE. Windshield may be removed, if so a wire screen of no more than ½ in. mesh is required to replace windshield and weld ½ in. steel bar from cowling to roof in center of window cavity.
3. The stock front seat may remain; it MUST be chained or bolted down. It
MUST be fastened with a chain or strap to the rear compartment so it will not fold forward. A bucket seat is allowed and seat belt is required.
4. ALL HOLES IN THE FIREWALL MUST BE CLOSED.
5. ALL ENGINES MUST BE FREE FROM DEBRIS.
6. Stock gas tanks MUST be removed & replaced with a MAX 6-gal.
tank with vented cap, “high impact plastic” boat tank or fuel cell recommended.
NO home made fuel tanks. The tank MUST be firmly anchored in the
center of the former rear seat area, securely fastened & Strapped with bolts, nuts & washers
ONLY. DO NOT USE PLUMBERS TAPE OR SELF TAPING SCREWS. ALL caps, fittings & lines must be leak proof & flared.
NO lines run inside the car, except tank pick up.
7. ALL electric fuel pumps MUST be wired through a cut off switch mounted on the Drivers side on top of the roof. The cut off switch must be painted a neon color.
8. The BATTERY MUST be moved inside the car to the floor board area of the passenger side front. The battery
MUST be bolted solid to the floorboard in a metal or plastic (NO WOOD) box.
NO wires or plumbers tape allowed. The entire installation, including terminals
MUST be covered with rubber firmly attached. If tow batteries are used, the installation must be the same for both.
9. WHEELS can be no larger than a 15” rim.
10. Horns MUST be disconnected.
11. Air cleaner MANDATORY, NO oil type.
12. A hole MUST be cut in the center of the hood over the air cleaner and be at least 4 in. bigger than the air cleaner to allow a fire extinguisher nozzle to enter the engine compartment and put out a fire. Fire is always possible in a derby, so it is the responsibility of the driver to eliminate any source of fire.
13. The interior of the car must have a full box (3” minimum and 3/8” minimum thickness) around the Driver no less than halfway up the height the doors. The box must have a minimum of two gage supports attached to the floor. There must be a minimum of one overhead bar attached to the rear bar up to the top of the roof as close to center as possible.
14. Driver’s door may be reinforced with a ¼ in. thick or larger steel plate dropped into the window cavity. The plate must not protrude above the bottom of the window sill. It is not necessary to fasten plate, but make sure it fills the cavity. NO concrete allowed. Side bracing may not exceed front windshield or 18 in. behind driver’s seat. ALL side bracing must be 1 ½ in. to 2 in. x .090 MAX. Brace ONLY to protect the driver. NO bracing in passenger’s door, any bracing to the right of the driver must be a minimum of 10 in. from the passenger’s door.
15. A fire Extinguisher is MANDATORY and MUST be operable, and currently charged. It
MUST be easily accessible to the driver.
16. Safety padding is recommended on the steering wheel and inside the driver’s door area and any area where the driver might be injured.
17. MANDATORY ignition kill switch is required. Stock ignition is acceptable.
18. Transmission coolers are optional and must be completely sealed in a metal box. NO lines run inside of the car, except to enter and exit cooler. Transmission filler “burp tube” MANDATORY. Secure a tube to the Trans filler and run it down away from the headers outside frame rail.
19. CARS MUST BE READY TO RUN WHEN BROUGHT TO THE TRACK.
20. ALL DECISIONS BY Perris Auto Speedway OFFICIALS ARE FINAL.
Safety and Derby Rules
1. A DOT/Snell approved crash HELMET IS REQUIRED with working chin strap; loss of helmet during derby will result in car and driver being disqualified for that heat. All pit personnel must be attired for working around vehicles. NO OPEN TOED SHOES OR SANDALS ALLOWED.
2. Drivers MUST wear long pants, shoes or boots, Long sleeve shirt and gloves while on the track. Approved fire suit & neck collar recommended.
3. Drivers MUST wear eye protection while on the track, full face shield, goggles or approved Safety Glasses.
4. The basic idea of a Demolition Derby is for cars to ram/smash into and eliminate each other. AVOID DRIVERS DOOR AT ALL COST, if you hit a driver’s door you will be DISQUALIFIED. It is acknowledged that the activities of this event are very dangerous. Upon entering any restricted areas you must inspect the restricted areas you enter. If you find anything to be unsafe, bring it to the attention of an official immediately and if necessary leave restricted area and/or refuse to participate further in the event.
5. 5 MILES PER HOUR SPEED LIMIT IN PIT AREA AT ALL TIMES .
6. A driver MUST make substantial contact with another car every TWO (2) minutes. Keeping away from the action, taking too long to start the car or being locked up with another car too long will result in elimination from the Derby. If a car catches fire it may not restart the Derby if deemed to be unsafe by the officials.
7. DO NOT drive out of the designated derby area. DO NOT push someone else out of the derby area.
8. An Orange flag (min. 12in x 10in.) MUST be securely fastened to the car within reach of the driver. Flag MUST extend 6in. above roof. When eliminated from derby, tear flag off to signal to other drivers you are out of competition. If the flag falls off, you are eliminated. DO NOT hit a car that is already eliminated; if you do you will be disqualified. Once you take your flag down, you CANNOT put it back up.
9. Stay in your car at all times during the running of the derby. You MUST remain buckled in your car with your helmet on, even after your car has been eliminated. If you have an emergency and must get out of your car waive your flag at the officials so that they may stop the Derby. It is extremely dangerous to get out of your car while the derby is still running.
10. In the case of an emergency, an air horn will be sounded along with the red flag. Stop your vehicle and allow the Officials and Safety Crew on to the track. You MUST stay in your vehicle unless an Official allows you to exit your vehicle if you are already eliminated.
11. NO ONE but the driver and officials are allowed on the competition arena at any time.
12. ALL DRIVERS MUST attend the drivers meeting which is approximately 1 hour before each event. If you do not attend the drivers meeting you will be disqualified.
13. The Last Car running will be the “Outlaw Iron Man Derby Champion”.
14. All cars used in the derby must be removed that night. (b) Failure to remove your car will result with any or all of the following: charged a disposal fee, loss of any money or winnings, loss of points for the event, suspension from future events.