PAS YOUNG GUNS SPRINT CAR SERIES
This division is open to Drivers ages from 14 - 25 years old with the following requirements;
• 14 and 15 year olds must submit a Racing Résumé detailing their racing experience to the Perris Auto Speedway for their review and approval. Upon initial approval those applicants must then demonstrate their ability on the racetrack during a four hour Tune and Test Practice session in front of the Speedway Management and Race Officials. The cost of the Tune and Test Practice is $500. If the Speedway Management approves an applicant, their name and experience will be submitted to the Speedway's Insurance Company for their final approval. Should at any time, an applicant is deemed not ready for competition, that applicant cannot submit an application until the following race season. All decisions from the Speedway and Insurance Company will be final. There is no appeal process.
• 16 - 25 year olds with NO Sprint Car experience must submit a Racing Résumé detailing their racing experience to the Perris Auto Speedway Management for their approval. All decisions by the Speedway will be final. There is no appeal process. Any Driver that is over 21 that dominates the competition will be asked to move up to the USAC/CRA Division.
• Should anyone be approved for competition no matter what their age and prove not to be race ready anytime during the season, the Speedway Management can have the option to revoke their ability to continue racing for the remainder of the season.
• Drivers in this Division may compete in the Oval
Nationals at the end of their season and maintain the status for the next
season. However, if a Driver decides to run any additional USAC/CRA events
during any season, they will lose their status as a PAS Young Gun.
• All cars will Pill Draw for starting positions in
their Heat Race.
CHAMPIONSHIP POINT SCHEDULE
All Championship Points follow the Driver only.
FINISHING ORDER - POINTS
1 - 60
2 - 57
3 - 54
4 - 51
5 - 48
6 - 45
7 - 42
8 - 39
9 - 36
10 - 33
11 - 31
12 - 29
13 - 27
14 - 25
15 - 23
16 - 21
17 - 19
18 - 17
19 - 15
20 - 13
The Heat Race winner will receive 5 bonus points, second place will receive 3 points and third place will receive 1 point.